Enter to win a UNIX® License Plate
As part of celebrating over 40 years of the UNIX system, The Open Group is periodically giving away UNIX License plates. All you have to do to win a UNIX License plate is to tweet the message below on Twitter, and then complete the form on this page.
Updated: The competition has been extended throughout 2012.
Winners will be announced by the unixr twitter account. Click on the twitter icon to follow us
The Open Group reserves the right not to issue a plate subject to the rules at the bottom of this page. Please note that in order to ship the plates we need a valid postal address (not a PO Box number) and a contact phone number
Rules for entry
By submitting an entry you agree to the following rules.
- This competition is offered by The Open Group and is open to anyone with a Twitter account. Employees and Contractors of The Open Group are not eligible to enter.
- Entry to the UNIX plate draw is restricted to one entry per person please.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
- Entrants agree that The Open Group may use the submitted comments and entrants names in publicity related to this draw.
- Up to 40 UNIX License plates will be available as prizes through 2012. We expect to announce winners at least once every four to six weeks.
- Winners will be chosen at random at the end of each period. Winners will be announced by the unixr twitter account (so follow us to find out if you have won).
- Winners will also be contacted via email.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.
- Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
- The Open Group shall not have any liability for (i) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition; (ii) any damage to the prizes; or (iii) any restrictions or delays imposed by any customs authorities or any import taxes or duties of any kind imposed by any tax authorities with respect to the prizes
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the US and other countries.